Can you dig it, baby?
Leiden has been a wonderful place to me so far. Thanks to a wonderful string of coincidences, I have ended up staying with Bert and Marjolein, a couple who live in a quiet Northern area of Leiden called Merenwijk. It is tranquil, and oh so green here. And Marjolein and Bert have been the kindest hosts.
I have been borrowing Marjolein's bike for now, when I need to go into the city center or the university buildings, etc. It's a flighty 15 minute bike ride (at my slow unaccustomed pace) from the house. I don't yet have piccies of the center, but it is a bit different from this grassy tucked-away haven. It is a nice contrast and precursor to my move into my solo apartment the city center on September 1st.

Here's the album from my stroll around the Merenwijk park, replete with mini animal farm.
And here's a little muziek to set the mood:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home