Hello everyone. For vacation, I've just been on the road on the Garden Route, and amazing drive down South Africa's N2 freeway. Here are some pictures from the trip, with hopefully more to come:

A stretch of the drive near the beginning past Cape Town.
First stop: Mossel Bay. The only northward facing beach in South Africa, an overcast morning after a thunderous evening staying in a train compartment hostel...

Highgate Ostrich Farm, just outside Outdshorn, Ostrich capital of South Africa. I rode one of these babies! A picture of proof will shortly be provided.

Yours truly holding a giant ostrich egg. Did you know that the shell is so strong you could stand on it and it wouldn't break? This is one of the offspring of Sally the stripper and Jack the Ripper. Yes, those are the parent ostriches names!

It's another world down in the Cango Caves. Check out the stalactites in this chamber. I felt like I was in another planet. I wish I could've done spelunking around here.

Bondi the dog, a mascot of the Knysna Quays. Knysna is a sleepy little harbor town with a lagoon dotted by boats.

Bloukrans bridge--site of the highest commercial bungee jump in the world. But sorry, I didn't jump...
More to come later!
1 Comments:
I must demand more photos of them caves. In underground lakes, fish have evolved without eyes. creepy, no?
Post a Comment
<< Home