We are family
Bring the family back to San Francisco!
One day I will have more energy and find some better articles about this. But I thought this would suffice for now.
As a San Franciscan, born and raised, this city is in my heart and soul. Sometimes in my dreams about one permutation of life in the distant future, I will raise children here. But this appears to be a fading dream. Although I may not ever live that dream, I would like it to at least be possible for others. I know firsthand the enchantment and wonder of growing up in this wonderful place. Sure, nostalgia always gets the better of me. And if other trends of gentrification, hipster migrations, and carpetbagger yuppies aren't bucked then it will become a San Francisco supremely hostile to the urban values of diversity and maverick independence that make the children of this magical peninsula soar.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home